Thursday 15 May 2014

Print & Play: Yard Master from Crash Games

So in a rare moment of energy and inspiration I found myself tackling a second print and play this week.

The game in question was Yard Master, designed by Steve Aramani, published by Crash Games.

If you want to find out more about this game head on over to the KickStarter page: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/30343/print-n-play-yardmaster

I will be honest I thought it would be an easier project than my last couple (Pay Dirt and Snitch!). It is an out and out card game, so how hard could this be?

Well, the files comprised of:

40 Railcar Cards
52 Cargo Card
4 Engine Cards
5 Token Cards

... front and backs. That is a hell of a lot of cutting. It took a long time [i]and[/i] for once I managed to beat down my OCD nature and not mount them onto card stock and then cut them all out. This time round I contented myself with sleeving the paper cut outs with a M:tG card in between the front and back for sturdiness.

I really wanted to play it this evening, but I totally underestimated the investment in time to create the game. I am starting to understand why more people don't indulge in this side of the hobby.

The results:



I am very happy with the chips which I mounted on poker chips to give them some weight.


I will write my review and session reports soon hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment